The new Tiffany & Co. Engagement Ring Finder is a free smart phone app that aims to fulfill the needs of brides and grooms looking for an increasingly mobile and interactive shopping experience. The application functions as a tool that helps couples view and select diamond rings that are right for them, and share their selections with friends and family using popular social networking sites.
Finding the Perfect Engagement Ring
When shopping for a diamond ring, it is important to keep in mind the stone’s cut, colour, clarity, and carat weight. The Tiffany mobile app helps users make the right choices.
The 4 Cs:
- Colour: diamonds are normally graded on a scale ranging from colourless to saturated. Tinting can be caused by impurities in the stone; an ideal diamond is colourless.
- Clarity: refers to the flawlessness of a diamond. Clarity is rated on a scale of “Flawless” to “Heavily Included.” Truly flawless diamonds are rare; most stones contain imperfections, or “inclusions.”
- Carat: refers to the weight of a diamond, with one carat equal to 0.200 grams.
- Cut: refers to the placement, angle, and shape of each facet on a diamond’s surface. This, in turn, determines the diamond’s brilliance.
Other factors that should be considered when shopping for an engagement ring are the shape of the diamond, the setting, the overall design of the ring, and the tastes and preferences of the person who will be wearing it.
The Tiffany & Co. Engagement Ring Finder
Couples looking to get engaged can view Tiffany’s diamond engagement ring collection straight from their iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad.
- The collection can be browsed according to shape, setting, metal and design
- Each style can be viewed with diamonds of six different carat sizes
- Users can view engagement rings true-to-size
- A zoom feature is included to view ring details
- Correct ring size can be determined with the accurate ring sizer feature
- Users can find matching wedding bands
- Favourites can be saved or shared via e-mail, or using a Facebook or Twitter account
- A consultation with a Tiffany expert can be booked via phone or email
Tiffany & Co.
Tiffany has become synonymous with luxury and quality since the 1840s, when Charles Lewis Tiffany was dubbed “The King of Diamonds.” Since then, Tiffany & Co. has taken pride in offering its clientele fine diamond jewellery; exquisite gift items; impeccable customer service; and an unparalleled shopping experience.